Pete Yorn, self-titled [2010]

Posted by Greg , Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:45 PM

I'm almost disappointed that this wasn't called something like Fifth of Whiskey, after Yorn's last (and I'm sure coincidentally fourth) album was called Back & Fourth.  Sigh.  (By the way, I'm not counting his duet album with Scarlett Johansson, Break Up.  If I was, we could call this The Sixth Sense.  But, given that Break Up doesn't have anything to do with the number five, I suppose the numerical nomenclature fad is truly dead.  Sad, I think.)  Anyway, this was actually recorded over 5 days in 2008 during the B&F sessions.  Produced by Black Francis/Frank Black (of Pixies fame), the album is Yorn at his most raw.  It's somewhat interesting that, after calling his first three albums a trilogy, Yorn's latest three barely resemble each other.  Ya know, if you find that sort of thing interesting...

Velcro Shoes:


Paradise Cove I:

2 Response to "Pete Yorn, self-titled [2010]"

Unknown Says:

That is interesting... in what ways are his first three albums connected?

Greg Says:

Musically, they sound pretty similar (in a way that the latter three do not). And they have similar titles: musicforthemorningafter, Day I Forgot, and Nightcrawler. He later clarified that he didn't really mean "trilogy" as a single story with three parts, but just three entries in a diary. Something like that.

Post a Comment